1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher Installation issues

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by APBAinMaine, May 9, 2009.

1. APBAinMaine

APBAinMaine Member

And the search feature is not working.

I went to install the relay and there is no mounting hardware included. This does not seem right.

Also, I used the included instructions for the harnesses, but they seem incomplete. I downloaded the PDF instructions, and they were different (and more complete). However, there are three wires which are not referenced in either set of instructions. On the short-side headlight harness, there is a purple wire and a brown wire -- neither are referenced in the instructions. (26349 and 26354 are the harness numbers in questions) On the long-side harness, there is only a brown wire. Otherwise, it was pretty intuitive to install them. One thing that seems odd to me is the lack of diagrams in the instructions. There is a diagram showing you how to install the post to lengthen the battery cable, but nada showing anything to do with the relay or the harness (just a schematic). Seems very short-sighted on Fisher's side; are they just doing it to drive business towards their dealers?

NOTE: The numbers on the bags that the parts came in do not match either set of instructions, though I downloaded the F-150 PDFs).

2. wirenut

wirenut Senior Member
    from nh

do you have marker lites or is the harness made with them for multi applications ?
    could be you dont use them in your app... just a guess

3. APBAinMaine

APBAinMaine Member

I don't have them, but there is nothing in the instructions defining them, so you might just be right. That actually makes a lot of sense. Hmmm... could be for parking lights, I guess, but I don't understand why the extra wire on one side. Odd.

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The purples are your left and right turns...which is why there's two of them. You single brown is your parking lights, you only need a single parking light feed...so thats why there's only one. Its all in the paperwork if you look closely.

5. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

Mechanics guide shows what all wires go to.