1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher install, FGAWR issues

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by rbergevine, Apr 21, 2011.

1. rbergevine

rbergevine Member

I am getting new equipment to plow my 950 ft asphalt driveway in southeastern Mass - about 10 storms a year. I'm partial to Fisher because I learned on one and know all the components because I rebuilt the first one I had on my Chevy 1500 which rotted out two years ago. I am moving to Jeeps because it better serves our family multi purpose needs. Now my Fisher tech stuff...

The Jeeps I'm considering are all 2200 FGAWR which never is a match for plows I want - I do not want the Homesteaders but rather a step up to Fisher HT or SD which are well suited for my use.

Q: Will Fisher Dealer install the HT or SD on a 2200 FGAWR Jeep?
    EMatch wants 2500 FGAWR?

Any other input regarding this? I'm not so concerned about a bit overload because it will be on the Jeep only the 10 or so events we have here in Southeastern Mass and I will only be doing my long drive, otherwise it will be off the Jeep.

Everyone on Plowsite helped me learn a lot a few years ago and would appreciate insights as I move to the Jeep side of the Fun. I'm sold on getting a Jeep this go around but I am a Fisher guy and want to stay that way if at all possible.

ANY input would be appreciated.

The pieces will physically fit, but whether or not the dealer will put them on is up to the individual dealer. You would have to call your local dealer and ask them. You didn't mention what year your Jeep was - if it is still under warranty, you could have a warranty issue if you put on too heavy of a plow; just something to keep in mind. Also keep in mind that if you DO end up having some sort of front end issue or whatnot, Fisher isn't going to want to hear it. You will basically be on your own, particularly if it should be a warranty issue.
  3. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

I think a SD will be fine on your Jeep. I have sean a few Jeeps with SD plows on them around hear. You should stay away from the HT though IMO.
  4. rbergevine

rbergevine Member

Thanks for the feedback.
  5. 802PlowMan

802PlowMan Junior Member
    from 05495

I'd certainly go with the SD much heavier duty plow imo. i have a ram 1500 and 7.5' hd which is overweight for the truck and my dealer sold it to me. They gave me two bills when i bought it one to hook it up and the other for the plow for warranty reasons for the truck so it looks like two separate purchases. They should sell you any plow you want to buy.
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2011
  6. jjcap02703

jjcap02703 Junior Member

If you are only using the plow for your driveway the HT plow will probably be OK. If you are doing any light or medium commercial work stay away from the HT plow. I had one on my 1/2 ton pickup doing light commercial work as the info said it could handle. I had problems with it bending some of the pin connections of the A frame. I sold my 1/2 ton pickup and bought a 3/4 ton just to get the HD or better plow put on for next year.