1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher insta act won't turn left

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by serafii, Apr 12, 2013.

1. serafii

serafii Senior Member

K guys I have a dilemma. My fisher plow doesn't turn left sometimes. If the plow is down and I push the joystick left and the plow goes up but not left. But as soon as I let go of the joystick the plow goes down again.

My local garage checked the valves the coils all the wiring and they can't find anything.

They just called me and told me that it's the truck batteries that are causing this. It doesn't make sense to me

Any ideas?
  2. Big Dog D

Big Dog D PlowSite.com Addict

First off.....................find a new garage!!

You don't give any info to go off of but if I play the odds and presume that you have a straight blade Insta-Act type system it sounds like your S2 valve/solonoid is not shifting properly.

If you go onto Fisher's website and look in the servive section you can select the Mechanic's Guide and it will walk you through step by step on how to troubleshoot it.
  3. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

Could be the S2, could be a crossed wire. I don't see how it can be a valve when it goes up when the joystick is left. I'm thinking it was plugged in wrong or theres a short somewhere.
  4. Big Dog D

When the valve gets stuck open the plow is trying to do both functions at the same time.
  5. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

I read the first post again, its definitely a valve. If it goes right down after it goes up, its definitely stuck.
  6. Big Dog D

The real tell is in what the plow is doing under power (going up when it should be going left) rather than the plow falling to the ground when the joy stick is "at rest".
  7. jay9263

jay9263 Junior Member

Hey Anybody
    I just replaced my intensifire headlights and the headlight wiring harness. I then changed my fluid. I used headlamp kit H13.
    My plow goes up and down and turns right, But if I try to turn left it goes up
    I read about a 29033 electrical adaptor kit. If I did need this, could this possibly be the problem.
    All lights work as they should
  8. jasburrito

jasburrito Senior Member

Mine does did the same. If I wiggle my harness it works fine. Seem one of the connections is not making all the time. Gonna try cleaning my female ends with pipe cleaner. And squeeze female side with hemostats. Diesels suggest it was a ground issue when I posted a similar question.
  9. NHresident

NHresident Senior Member

id say one of 3 things s2 valve or a broken wire INSIDE the control harness plowside molded plug that u cant see (have someone activate the controller and u wiggle both control cables whiie their together IF it does what it should its the plug pull off the rectangular solenoids cover and make sure all the wire spades are on good and snug no pinching or bad touching GOOD LUCK
  10. jay9263

jay9263 Junior Member

S2 was stuck
    A little tap and everything works perfect
    Thanks to all