1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher Insta Act won't go down

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Mikestone, May 28, 2016.

1. Mikestone

Mikestone Junior Member

Hi, I'm new to the site but have searched these threads pretty extensively. I'm also new to plows... However, I just sold the one plow that I have and the truck it was attached to. Only issue is I took the plow off last month and let it sit in my garage. I hooked it up last week after I sold the truck, it went up fine, drove about 5 minutes, dropped it down fine to park and did this about two more times. Then I got back home and it wouldn't go down... and still hasn't. I tried driving around a little, tapped it on a tree, shook it left and right, no change. The only thing I have noticed is that it sinks down slowly after 7-10 minutes of driving. I don't know much about plows and can use any help. I'm trying to fix this asap so I can deliver the truck to the buyer and take the insurance off. PLEASE HELP:cry:

2. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Check the plug.

3. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Does the float light come on when you press and hold the down button, or when you hold the joystick down?
    Usually helps when we know what your working with as well

4. NHresident

NHresident Senior Member

u probably have 2 separate problems the sinking down by itself u most likely have something going on with the #20 cartridge before u replace it take the rectangular plastic cover off by using a torx 20 on the 2 screws that hold it on after u take the cover off look inside the cover and it will show u which one is the #20 u can try taking it out clean it and blowing it out with air and in the insta hole to as to its not going down make sure u have a known good controller IF u do have another person wiggle the 2 control cable plugs out frt while u operate the controller if that don't work and if u haven't all ready taken the insta act solenoid cover off take it off and make sure the 3 power wires and 3 ground wires are all attached to the solenoids if that's not yet a fix ur #20 cartridge is bad and causing u both problems

5. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Ps dont pull ^said valve without supporting the plow with a jack or blocking.

When that valve comes out, that blade will go down in a hurry.

6. NHresident

NHresident Senior Member

good point the hydro fluid system is under pressure u might want to crack the lift cylinder hose nipple with a bucket under it cause its gonna want to come out fast there and at the #20 valve

7. Mikestone

Mikestone Junior Member

It's an 8' straight blade, serial number is 20191 then it says 15011a. I can't insert a picture for some reason and don't know enough about the plow to find out where another ID number is. I'm going to spray some electromotive on the connections and see if that helps. Where is the #20 valve/ cartridge?

8. dieselss

Does the float light come on when you press down?

9. Mikestone

Mikestone Junior Member

On the toggle switch there is a light underneath float that is always lit red. I imagine this is the power light. It does not change when I hold the down/float position.

10. dieselss

Then what your going to have to do is find out where your losing signal.

As was said put stands under the plow and hold the joystick down, then start wiggling every connector.