1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher Insta-Act (not going down)

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Vinrum, Dec 30, 2012.

1. Vinrum

Vinrum Junior Member

Used the plow today for the first time this year, on my first account, the plow didnt want to drop. It goes up and pivots from side to side no problem..any ideas what it could be? I checked and cleaned all the connection, and still nothing.. Later in the day, I went out and checked it for the hell of it, and it went down no problem.. I went back out to start the accounts again and it did the same, now it is stuck in the up position??

2. quigleysiding

quigleysiding PlowSite.com Addict

Wiggle the headlight plug . Watch your toes. :eek:

3. Vinrum

Vinrum Junior Member

Just went out and checked the plugs again. and still nothing..

4. quigleysiding

Mine used to do that first run every year. Always worked. Just hang on someboby smarter than me will help. Is the light on on your control?

5. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

sounds like bad connection at the grill plug. spray it with brakeclean and blow out with compressed air. dialectric grease the plugs and see what happens.

6. Vinrum

Vinrum Junior Member

Yes, the light is on, on the contoller..It works left and right, and up..just stuck in the up position

7. quigleysiding

That what mine would do everything but down. It was always that plug

8. Vinrum

Vinrum Junior Member

Thanks guys, I will try that in the morning..I will keep you posted... Again,Thanks for your input

9. Vinrum

Vinrum Junior Member

Well guys, I wire brushed, brake cleaned and blew out all plugs, and Dielectric greased them, and the plow still wont go down, I had to put a floor jack under the frame to take some pressure off the front end.. Any other ideas??

10. quigleysiding

how many pins in the plug. Is there one rotted off?

11. Vinrum

Vinrum Junior Member

11 on one plug, and 3 on the other,,,all pins are intact, with no rust/rot at all..

12. quigleysiding

Wish I could be more help.There are guys on here who can. Dont know why they havent yet? Hang in there someone will chime in.

13. Vinrum

Vinrum Junior Member

Could it be the joystick?? Can the joystick be tested??

14. quigleysiding

15. hatefulmechanic

hatefulmechanic Senior Member

You need to see if the S1 solenoid is getting a 12v signal to dump the pressure. Test light on the WHT/YLW wire as close to the solenoid as you can, have someone activate the controller. If you are getting voltage, you have a sticking solenoid or clogged port.

If you are not getting power, you need to trace back to the truck side of the main harness, and perform the same check. If you are still not getting power when the down button is pushed, check the WHT/YLW wire at pin #6 on the truck side of the controller harness (color of wire is different between the old style stick or the FishStik, but both perform the same function.

*EDIT* This goes without saying but WATCH YOUR FEET when doing these tests. Block the blade up, or get it lowered before doing this. These blades do not care if there is a foot under them.

16. Vinrum

Vinrum Junior Member

Are the S1-S2-S3 all interchangable? Could I pull the S2 and use it in the S1 spot, just to check it??

17. hatefulmechanic

Before playing swappo the clown, you need to see if its an electrical issue or hydraulic.

18. hatefulmechanic

But to answer the solenoid question, no, they are not interchangable. Part numbers are different for each position.

19. Vinrum

Vinrum Junior Member

Thanks Hateful, I cant find the 11 pin plug schematic to test the #6 pin,,the only plugs I see are the 12 and 9

20. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

did you ck the wht/ylw wire at the coil yet??? test light clip on neg, and point on the pin.???