1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher Insta Act Hydraulic fluid change

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Jaspell, Sep 20, 2009.

1. Jaspell

Jaspell Member
    from 06117

I want to change the fluidin my insta act unit on my Minute mount I. I cant tell if my drain plug has completely stripped round or if it opens by use of an Allen wrench in the bottom of it. I gues I'm asking what size wrench orAllen wrench Iuse for the task. While I'm at it, nytips on getting the fill plug opn would be helpful too. I have sprayed it likecrazy with Fluid film but cant seem to get it to openusing an open end wrench.

2. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

My drain plug was frozen and stripped- I drilled it out with a 1/4" bit and then hammered a big flat blade screwdriver into what remained and screwed it out. A 12mm open end wrench and some carefully placed heat from a torch should loosen the fill plug. Be very careful with the heat, drain the fluid first, and pull the motor to clean out the inside of any metal chips. Its also a good time to clean all the black crud out of the reservoir and change the filter.