1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher immediately wants to go to right

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Boomdog, Dec 6, 2009.

1. Boomdog

Boomdog Junior Member

Hi Guys
    I just got my new truck hooked up for the MM1 LD yesterday and snow is on the ground today. Unfortunately when I plug the red and black plug from the truck to the plow the plow is immediately tilting to the right. It will go to the left with the controller then want to come back to the right when I let go of controller. It did this even with the controller disconnected. If that plug is connected the plow motor is running. Any ideas? THANKS !

2. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

your solenoid is stuck on or you have the wire direct to the battery.

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

That would explain why the motor runs but wouldn't explain why it takes off to the right on it's own too. :D

Sounds more like a short in the truck side control harness from the controller plug to the underhood.

4. Boomdog

Boomdog Junior Member

Sure enough it was connected direct to the battery.... not sure about the going to the right thing. As soon as I connected it to the solenoid it didnt do it anymore. Bad news is by the time I got it squared away the 3-4 inches was pretty much melted and I didnt even get to use it... At least I know its working now. Thanks Guys!!