1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

fisher hydro/electric

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by timlb703, Dec 9, 2007.

1. timlb703

timlb703 Junior Member

I am trying to convert a 9 foot straight blade from hydraulic to electric. Anyone have harness or pump/motor for sale?? Chevy98 or gmc 04

2. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Why? Unless you just want faster action, I'd stick with the straight hydraulic. Can't beat it's dependability and simplicity.

3. timlb703

timlb703 Junior Member

Plow was a back up plow and is perfect shape, but it came off gas and going on diesel not as much room under hood. Ether truck I put unit on has central hydraulics and dont want to use that. With central no room under hood..

4. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Gotcha. Makes sense.

5. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Why not use the centrals? Easy enough to tap into for the Fisher Valve.

6. timlb703

timlb703 Junior Member

The plow on the truck is know running off central. The problem is when approaching a pile not alot of power to straighten blade because off the gas. I have this fisher plow that is in perfect shape used 4-6 times and it is just sitting there so i thought i could use it if it was electric. To use it as hydraulic would have same results i have know. If I loose a hose on central no salt but able to plow with electric until hose is repaired.

7. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Something wrong with the plumbing. If your spreader is working fine it should move the plow like lightning even at idle. Someone put to big of a flow restrictor into the Line before the plow valve or something.

Anyway it is an easy swap, but big money, probably around $1500 when done. I would just fix the current setup. Most reliable way to run.