1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher hydraulic filter replacement

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by CharlieNH, Jan 1, 2005.

1. CharlieNH

CharlieNH Junior Member

On Fisher minutemount system, can you get the old filter off without doing anything with the pump. I pulled the motor and can handle the filter with my fingers, but it doesn't seem to pull off even with a lot of twisting.
  2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

If, by chance you get the filter of without removing the pump, you more than likely will not be able to get the new filter back on without removng the pump, you also have the chance to clean out the pump and case really well while you have the pump out so its worth removing, especially since its only 2 bolts holding it in.
  3. CharlieNH

CharlieNH Junior Member

Thanks for your quick response. I wasn't sure whether I might need some seals if I pulled the pump, and I also saw two bolts of one kind and three of another. I got your message just before I had to decide whether to close it up with the old filter, and the replacement went fine.