1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher Hydraulic Filter Problem

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by dmaxdiesel, Jan 7, 2010.

1. dmaxdiesel

dmaxdiesel Junior Member

This a repeat problem for me and was wondering if anybody else was having this problem

I have a MM1 plow with belt driven pump on a 97 GMC truck. Extremely pleased with the plow and pump, as I have run it since the truck was new with no problems AT ALL other than this issue. The last three filters I have installed have gotten pin hole leaks at the crimp on the filter housing. I am referring to the inline filter on the return line that looks like an inline fuel filter. All of the filters have been bought from a Fisher dealer. I asked the dealer about this problem, and they said they haven't received any other complaints. Up until these three filters, I had no problems and coincedntaly the filters came in a Fisher package with zip ties and hose clamps. The three filters that have given me problems have been S.A.M (Snowplow After Market parts) kits with a filter appearring to be the same and the same zip ties and clamps. I asked the dealer about this and they said the filters are no longer available from Fisher, and are only being produced by SAM. Funny since SAM Headquarters is only a short distance from the dealer making me raise more questions. So let me know what you all think about this matter.
  2. plowinginma

plowinginma Senior Member
    from MA

Forget the filter.... Some will disagree.. But I never ran one EVER....