Sky Snow Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Automotive parking light Tire Automotive side marker light Wheel Land vehicle

Tire Car Sky Wheel Vehicle

Tire Wheel Snow Vehicle Automotive parking light

Tire Car Land vehicle Snow Wheel

See less See more
#27 ·
MC94XR7;2061521 said:
What blade you running on your Tundra? I'm running a Tundra and am torn between the Fisher HT and SD
I'm running an 8' HD on my Tundra. I use to run a 7.5' SD wich was a good plow but I'm a lot happier with the 8' HD. I wouldn't put an SD or HT on a Tundra, I'd got with a 7.5' or 8' HD.

#28 ·
mercer_me;2061735 said:
I'm running an 8' HD on my Tundra. I use to run a 7.5' SD wich was a good plow but I'm a lot happier with the 8' HD. I wouldn't put an SD or HT on a Tundra, I'd got with a 7.5' or 8' HD.
'Preciate the reply, bud. A question is other than it being 8', what is the difference between the HD and the SD?

#29 ·
MC94XR7;2061883 said:
'Preciate the reply, bud. A question is other than it being 8', what is the difference between the HD and the SD?
The HD blade is three inches taller and the head gear is a lot taller. The blade is heavier because the steel is thicker and scrapes a lot better. The HD is just a lot more rugged than the SD. But, if it comes down to you getting an SD or HT go with the SD, it's a lot better plow.

#30 ·
I have a steel cutting edge on my SD and it scrapes just fine. When I actually went to have the plow installed years ago, the dealer told me that they wouldn't recommend me getting a HT for my truck. I'm glad I went for the SD instead of the HT, but wish I got an HD instead. Not trying to bash the HT, all fisher products to me are great, if it pushes snow and works for your particular application, thats all that matters!!!

Also, if you don't put the SD in float mode, you can scrape ice pretty damn good.

#32 ·
You can't lock a chain lift, can you? One of the reasons I like the HT is it seems to have such an agressive angle that it looks to be very effective in removing ice. What are your thoughts as I play devils advocate

#33 ·
MC94XR7;2062487 said:
You can't lock a chain lift, can you? One of the reasons I like the HT is it seems to have such an aggressive angle that it looks to be very effective in removing ice. What are your thoughts as I play devils advocate
The scrape lock will probably help plow down to pavement when there is snow but, I doubt it will touch hard pack and if it starts cutting it like you think it will I guarantee something will break. I think an SD with a steel edge would be a lot better plow.

Reactions: UpstateNYer
#34 ·
kimber750;2062340 said:
:confused: SD is a chain lift what does not putting in float have to do with how it scrapes? :confused:
Maybe I'm just talking out of my a**, but it seems that I scrape better when its not in float. I know its a chain lift and it really doesn't make a difference, its probably just from going over the same spot a couple of times that makes a difference, don't listen to me, I'm high half the time, lol

#35 ·
But the steel cutting edge does make a hell of a difference with the SD plow rather than the poly edge

#36 ·
jstevens66;2062723 said:
But the steel cutting edge does make a hell of a difference with the SD plow rather than the poly edge
The poly edge pretty much sucks. I knew I was upgrading so, I never got a steel edge but, I wish I had Gita steel edge when it was brand new.

#37 ·
mercer_me;2062734 said:
The poly edge pretty much sucks. I knew I was upgrading so, I never got a steel edge but, I wish I had Gita steel edge when it was brand new.
Yea, I used the poly edge for one storm then changed to a 1/2 inch steel cutting edge, makes such a difference

#38 ·
Lol there's a guy claiming they're self lubricating. I don't get that concept nor do I get the concept of not wanting friction when scraping lol

#39 ·
I've got a Fisher HT on my 2013 Silverado Crew Cab 1500 LT for 2 years now and it works great for what I use it for. I plow my own driveway, and some friends and family. With the amount of snow we got last year in Boston, it performed great. Would I plow city streets with it....not necessarily but then again I see Jeep wranglers plowing streets with run down poly plows all the time. The HT plow is G2G.

#40 ·
MC94XR7;2062868 said:
Lol there's a guy claiming they're self lubricating. I don't get that concept nor do I get the concept of not wanting friction when scraping lol
I don't know what they mean by "self lubricating," that's a first for me. The poly edge just doesn't scrape as well as a steel edge.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.