1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher ht

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by fx4plowin, Jan 20, 2011.

1. fx4plowin

fx4plowin Member

Just a few lots done with the fisher HT that everyone bashes

IMG_20110120_124320.jpg

IMG_20110120_124331.jpg

IMG_20110120_124348.jpg

IMG_20110120_131058.jpg

IMG_20110120_135519.jpg

2. fx4plowin

fx4plowin Member

3. fx4plowin

fx4plowin Member

4. fx4plowin

fx4plowin Member

Just a quick 5 or 6 COMMERCIAL lots that i do with my HT plow that EVERYONE seems to bash, seeing as the quality looks as good as the HD and better then the SD by far!(poly cutting edge just doesnt do it...sorry) So this is the second season with this plow and i have run about 20-30 mph into a parking block and sheared the steel round bar fluch with the ground and knoked the parking block WAY outta my way....and all i ended up with was a scratch on the trip edge of my plow, and im still going without ANY issues what-so-ever...So now that i have shown my HT can keep up with the HD's than why does everyone hate the HT so much????? so its 14 guage steel and not twelve...it has two trip springs and not four...it uses sirect lift like hiniker, snoway, and a few others...I can still stack and push, so why the hate???look at the gap between the headgear and my grill, almost none yet i can still open the hood, my front end doesnt sag like the guys with SD's on here....and with direct lift when im on the highway doing 70mph, i can hit bumps and not have my plow bouncing anywhere, it stays put...

5. fx4plowin

fx4plowin Member

O yeah, these lot pics are taken before salt, i use a buyers TGSUVPROA in case anyone wants to talk bad about them as well, will post pics from my 2500 with 8' hd hopefully tomorrow

6. i know someone who just got one and i think there awesome for what they are. Light an rugged they cut real good too.

7. MrPLow2011

MrPLow2011 Senior Member
    from Boston

Not to rain on your parade but that looks like 4 inches of fluff

8. fx4plowin

fx4plowin Member

There was some fluff on those pics, 5" as well as ice, and heavy chunks, and it goes through ice better than any chain lift i have, or have used, again, added benefit with direct lift system.it proved itself the last couple days with about 2" of straight ice, no snow and salt did nothing in these temps, my 8'hd just wouldnt break the ice, only hop ontop of it, with my ht i chattered it all like it was heavy sticky snow. BTW nothing broke on my mold board or blade, even after hiting a parking block at 20-30 mph and moving it well out of my way, not even the headlights, and this is the 2nd year of running it.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2011
  9. MrPLow2011

MrPLow2011 Senior Member
    from Boston

I have to be honest with you I hope the plow works well for you. I am a Dodge guy but really love those f150's with the stepside bed look. And i fully understand that blade will cut better than a HD. That HT is like a Xblade the way it is set up. So i wish you good luck with it as some day I may buy a set up like yours

10. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

How is the HT like an Xblade? It has the same trip edge set up as an HD. The SD and Xblade trip edge set up are similar.

HT.jpg

HD.jpg

SD.jpg

Xblade.jpg

11. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

The attack angles are similar I think the X is 75* and the HT is 70*. I like mine for what I do, although I dislike the jack leg It should be in the middle like the other Fishers, or like the Boss jack, and having to put it in float to push the bar to lock the pins. Still an easy mount.

How about 10-12" of fluff
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 5, 2011
  12. mercer_me

Nice picture Jason. I think the HT is a good mach for your truck.

13. fx4plowin

fx4plowin Member

hows about...2-3" of straight up ice? lookin good stik, lets see your sd do that mercer...im talkin straight up break that thick a$$ ice and throw it were you want in 5 degree weather. my driveway is cleaner than our streets are, and our city/village plow guy uses an f350 with a 9'6" mvp plus and couldnt do anything with the ice, look at the streets at the end of my driveway......... if his all steel mvp plus couldnt touch the streets, i know an SD wont.......and yes the whole put it float thing adds extra time on our plows and the crappy stand, but the end result is so worth it

ice.jpg

ice2.jpg

ice3.jpg

Last edited: Feb 6, 2011
  14. mercer_me

I can't say for sure but, I think my SD would do that if I put a steel cutting edge on it. The poly one wears good but, it doesn't scrape as good a steel cutting edge. Do you have a cutting edge on your HT?

15. fx4plowin

fx4plowin Member

Trust me, im a dodge guy myself, but only til 2005 after that they started goin down hill in my opinion, i have an 05 3500 cummins maxxed out on boost, but my second choice is ford, and the f150 gets way better milage than my old ram 1500 but about the same as my 3500 highway miles, i love the trucks i got and may be a long while before i see something that peeks my interest, since any diesel over 2010 has to have exhaust fluid and all kinds of other crap now and ford has gone down in quality, hp, tourque, style with there newer trucks, yet up in price, so i understand....

16. fx4plowin

fx4plowin Member

nope, none at all, pretty positive that i will be gettin one tomorrow as im wearing it in alot faster than i anticipated with as much commercial as i do....the thing about your sd and my hd is the chain lift will not force pressure down with scrape lock like the ht, my hd just hopped right ontop the ice and did nothing, thats why a few accts i quoted that didnt call me back called the last couple days so i could redo thier lots since there plow guys said "theres really nothing we can do but lay more salt" lol

17. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Its pretty simple, the HD/SD's have a bad attack angle so they won't scrape well it has nothing to do with the direct lift. I think the HT's are a decent plow and Fisher should just make all of their plow's like the Xblade/HT with a steeper attack angle.

18. fx4plowin

fx4plowin Member

totally with you on that, im actually going to get an 8' xblade next october, the trade in value with my fisher dealer will actually be worth more to them towards October, didnt make sense to me but they said they sell more used plows right before the season started, my hd is 3 years old now and theyre giving my 3500 trade in but im not on the 5500 for the xblade, seems overpriced to me, but the let me use one of there trucks with the same xblade on it for a bit at there lot and my god the hydros are much better than i expected, and snow just rolls off of it, so im pretty sure il be getting one towards the end of this year, anyone had complaints on thier xblade? (still keeping my HT, i love the little plow)

19. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

Does your headgear stick out 12 ft from the grille like mine does? That drives me insane.

20. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

I went from a MM1 Insta Act 8' HD to my 8' Xblade and its a completely different animal. It throws snow further, rolls it with ease, actually feels like the truck is working less to push the same amount of snow, stacks VERY high, and scrapes amazingly well. The hydro's are faster IMO and the plow is overall built much heavier duty then the rest of the plow lineup (straight blades). My only complain is no wing's from Fisher. I don't want to drill into the stainless for the Pro Wings, so I'm considering modifying Fisher's $500 wings for the Extreme V.