1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher ht wont raise unless angled

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by lexington, Dec 20, 2015.

1. lexington

lexington Junior Member

I have a fisher ht 3 plug 3 port ISO . It was raising slowly but angling right and left very fast . After installing a new 1/2 cutting edge it will not raise if blade is straight . If I angle the blade left while on the ground the right side of the plow will raise very very slowly . Once the right side is up all the way I can straighten the blade and it will stay up . The pump sounds different when I try to raise the blade in the straight position . I tried adjusting the quill but that only changed the drop speed . Any help would be appreciated

2. seville009

seville009 Senior Member
    from CNY

Is the fluid full?

3. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Sounds like you need to do a psi test.

4. lexington

lexington Junior Member

fluid is full 1" down from top of reservoir . But it does sound like its low ( pump sounds low on fluid when lifting but sounds full angling ) . Is there any adjustment for raise pressure ? . Is there a fisher part # for the psi test kit or am I better of just buying the gauge and fittings ? This is still very new to me so I really appreciate the help .

5. dieselss

Just by the fittings and a 3000 psi gauge.
    There's a psi relief but it's for the whole system

6. lexington

lexington Junior Member

Ok great What fittings do I need is the thread npt ? So just disconnect the lift ram hose of the pump and connect there ?

7. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Have you looked at the filter on the system? Is it clean?

8. dieselss

Yes npt. Yes in the lift ran hose port. 1/4 inch I believe?

9. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

^^^ This.

Before I invested in stuff to do a pressure test, I'd remove the fluid reservoir and look for the obvious. The fact that you say the pump sometimes sounds like it's low on fluid leads me to believe you may find something obvious... plugged, damaged, or missing pickup screen. damaged pump, etc.

If you don't see anything, and you want to proceed with a pressure test, Fisher makes a kit, part #56686. It'll have everything you need. If you decide to buy the stuff, the fittings on an HT should be 37 degree JIC (-6 AN O-ring on the cylinder port, but you'll tee between the hose and the fitting for testing purposes), not NPT.

10. dieselss

If you decide to buy the stuff, the fittings on an HT should be 37 degree JIC (-6 AN O-ring on the cylinder port, but you'll tee between the hose and the fitting for testing purposes), not NPT.

Thanks for clearing that up.

11. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

If you don't find anything obvious when you remove the reservoir, there's good info here, http://library.fisherplows.com/pdfs/41298.00_050110.pdf, for a pressure test, and testing/adjustment of the scrape lock relief, beginning on page 66. That would be the next most likely area to investigate.