1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher HT on Chevy 1500 Crew Cab LT

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by ramair2k, Mar 20, 2013.

1. ramair2k

ramair2k Senior Member

Hi there,

I started a thread in the pics section but didn't get any replies. I was wondering if anyone know if the Chevy 1500 will need the bumper notched to fit the push plates for a Fisher HT? If the bumper does need to be notched, does anyone have any pics? How does the dealer usually notch the bumper..e.g. Sawzall? I ask because unlike the 2500HDs, the 1500s have a lower black valance and then a painted bumper insert below the tow hooks. Is there a way to cut that insert so its nice and flush to the push plates, i.e no gaps on either side of the plates? Just want it to look as clean as possible, especially on a brand new truck.

2. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

Yes it needs to be cut. Sawzall is what I'd use.