1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher HT on 08 Silverado Crew cab

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by ShorePower, Dec 26, 2009.

1. ShorePower

ShorePower Senior Member

I am fairly new to the industry. I have plowed for a buddy using Wesstern plows in the past. But now I would like to plow as a sub for him using my 08 Chev 1500 crew cab. I lease the truck for my company so am pretty much stuck with the 1500 for the next 2 yrs. Because of this I found the new HT 7.5 by fisher seems like the toughest plow available for 1/2 ton. Anyone have any thoughts .

2. Mackman

Mackman PlowSite.com Addict
    from S.E. PA

Buy it !!!!!!!!

3. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Sno-Way would be my first choice for that truck. Lightweight, downpressure, proven track record.

4. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

I personaly think the Fisher HT would be the best plow for your truck.

5. bru z71

bru z71 Senior Member

i have a 2005 1500 with a 7.6 hd i have done a few things to the front end but nothin big holds fine ussmileyflag

6. tuna

tuna Senior Member

i just put a 7.6 HD on my `05 1500 crew and it is working good so far,does need timbrens though.

7. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

He's talking about a GMT900. Coil springs and lighter frame than the GMT800s

8. ShorePower

ShorePower Senior Member

Thanks. Now I just need to find a dealer closest to Long Island with good pricing. Dejana Truck body sells them here, but only have heard bad things about that company. Open to any suggestions of dealers within 200 miles of Manorville NY

9. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

Arrowhead in Colonie.

10. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

I don't know what 2Cor is talking about, Fisher has a proven track record.

........of being a PITA that is!

11. cleansweep007

cleansweep007 Senior Member

When in doubt buy a western ! Its the plows we use and we have great success with them !!

12. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

Where's Shane?!?!?!?!?!?