1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher HT Install Price Massachusetts

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by ramair2k, Nov 9, 2011.

1. ramair2k

ramair2k Senior Member

I have never owned or plowed before besides going with my father, (works for the local DPW) but have been looking for a snow plow for my Chevy 1500 ext cab. I called a local shop for a price, and I was shocked to hear $4075.00 installed for a HT?? Am I just completely ignorant, or does this price seem a bit too high?

2. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

First off don't go with a HT go with a SD.The SD is built way more rugged then the HT.The a-frame is way better and just looking at the two the SD looks way more rugged.Here is a thread about it.
    http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=126060

Last edited: Nov 9, 2011
  3. chevyzrule810

4. Raconteur

Raconteur Senior Member
    from MA

Call Tucks Trucks in Hudson MA or head north to save the sales tax .

5. chevyzrule810

Raconteur how does your truck handle the XLS? My friend was thinking about putting one on his 11 2500HD but wasn't sure how the truck would handle the weight of the plow.

6. Raconteur

Raconteur Senior Member
    from MA

It handles the # 1000 XLS with ease . Front ends drops 7/8" when lifted . I havent touched the torsion bars . The front end is as it came out of the factory . No need to touch anything .

7. eric02038

eric02038 Senior Member
    from MA

Check out craigsllist, theres always a handfull of fisher plows on there