1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher HT impressed yet again!!

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by fx4plowin, Jan 13, 2011.

1. fx4plowin

fx4plowin Member

So i was out on Tuesday doing my 6th lot, by the time i got there the manager had cleaned the snow off his parking spot and piled it on a parking block that i knew was there, but didnt cross my mind.. So i hit the front lot and move on to the side lot when the manager comes out to move his car for me and i start at the entrance and make a path, blade straight, bout 15-20mph and BAM!! i hit this parking block so hard i felt it in my stomach! However the truck did not stop and continued making its pass. I back up to check the damage of the block, and i sheared both steel rods flush with the ground and put the parking block over against the building. The manager,good friend of mine, saw it and was more worried about the damage to the plow than the block, so i get out and check the plow and i have a couple scratches where a cutting edge will be going on at the end of this season. The plow still works as if it was brand new, no damage done in any way shape or aside from a few scratches. to finish the day off i went to a grismer tire which is my last stop on the way home and took some extra time on that lot just to make sure the plow was still going strong and i put all the snow from that entire lot into a huge pile and built a snow castle out of it with my HT plow that everyone on here seems to hate for whatever reason. my 8' hd i promise would have shattered on that parking block. Like i said i run 3 trucks but my F150 with my 3"lift and tons of mods with my HT plow is my favorite, and continue to impress me time and time again.....

2. nbannan

nbannan Member

HT working good for me too!

I hope to avoid those hidden obstacles, but it is good to know the plow survived.
    I did 6 drives with my HT on Wed and it worked great in heavy wet snow and about 20 inches deep!. I understand that 12 guage is stronger than 14, but for what I need the HT works great. I have seen a lot of Bashing on the HT as well. "Front is a Joke" to "SD is way better" etc. I think the direct lift is a real advantage and I am amazed at the number of folks that think exceeding the truck weight specs is acceptable practice. I think you are asking for trouble on several fronts. I guess that if people hear themselves berating another piece of gear they have no direct experience with & they read their own words enough, it will make them feel justified in going in another direction. It is my second season with the HT and I would buy one next time based on my experience with it so far. It is not perfect (Jack stand is not my favorite design) but it does what I need it to do.

3. fx4plowin

fx4plowin Member

I do 100% commercial with mine and I love it, other companies have been doing direct lift with no problems,why shouldn't Fisher? I have two other trucks with plows, I personally think the SD is junk but that's just m, and yes I have used one!!!! But the HTML is awesome! And if this is your second season with it than you do not have the upgraded jackstand yet, it has a recall on them, and the new one works much better! My Fisher dealer just gave me the new one and said keep the old one when you change it, so after some slight modification to the old one I put it on the other side of the frame and now its perfect

4. Ronyack

Ronyack Junior Member
    from NJ

Plow for 2010 F150

I run a couple of HD plow trucks.
    Got tired of driving F250's all teh time so I bought a nice F150 this year.
    Hadnt planned on plowing with it but looks like I have to.

Was hoping for some advice on the type of plow to use.

I will not be doing heavy commercial plowing (thats what the other trucks are for) but I would like to be able to do some small clean ups and I am checking up on my guys (clear a corner, clean up the edges or a handicap spot etc)

Anyone have any recommendations?

I did see a light weight Meyers that was recommendede on their site for F150.

Any suggestions?

5. fx4plowin

fx4plowin Member

Don't do the f150 Meyer plow! Go for the HT and I promise it will not disappointed!

6. nbannan

nbannan Member

New Jack sounds good

Thanks for the info. I had not heard of an updated jack.
    I had pressure set changed & long jack pin installed but still found jack disappointing.
    I will look for update on Fisherplows website.
    Thanks
    NB