1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher HS Angling Problem,

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by fed123, Nov 4, 2012.

1. fed123

fed123 Junior Member
    from 06457

I have an old Fisher HS Electric Hydraulic Pump and plow. This problem started last year. It seems like I keep getting air in the power angling. Each time I go to the left or right, it is very jerky. I've tried to bleed the system of any air but that doesn't help.
    Does anyone have any ideas on what I can try next? It goes up and down fine.

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

How do u know if you valving is operating property?? Air will escape to the highest point automatically. I would look into the valve body....unless your positive that its just air

3. fed123

fed123 Junior Member
    from 06457

I'm guessing its air cause I can move the plow back and forth by hand until it hits the oil in the cylinders.

4. dieselss

Then loosten the fittings and move the plow by hand

5. fed123

fed123 Junior Member
    from 06457

Yes I've tried that many times and still get no where. Any more ideas? Could the valve be bad?

6. dieselss

Aint that what I said up there in that there post. Air will goto the highest point.period!!! Look into your valveing

7. fed123

fed123 Junior Member
    from 06457

What goes wrong with the valve?

8. dieselss

Gummed up. Seals break etc......

9. fed123

fed123 Junior Member
    from 06457

Thx, I'll pull it a part next week end and see what I can find. I hope parts are still available for this. I'm looking at the pics of the parts now and at least I got part numbers to go by.