1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher hose part #'s...

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by mkwl, Oct 28, 2007.

1. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Can someone tell me what part #'s I need for the two angle and one lift hoses I need for my Fisher MMII (2004 model) 8' plow. I want to get the hoses for backup, and can't figure out which hoses I need fron centralparts.com. Also- when (if) I change a hose, will hydrulic fluid spill everywhere? Also- anyonw know the capacity of the hydraulic system on my plow? Oh also- I noticed one of the hoses has some abrasion on it, my question is- do the hoses have steel "cage" in it? I can't see any metal so the hose whould be okay for now, right?

Thanks,
    Matt

2. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

The hoses should be steel reinforced. Do you have a place near you that makes hydraulic hoses, if so just measure the length and have them make them. When you change the hoses you will loose some fluid. If you are going to change hoses for saftey then I would drain the whole system and put in new fluid. 1 gallon should be enough to do that.

3. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

I don't have any hose shops nearby- I figured maybe someone could tell me when part #'s I need from centralparts.com. Anyone?

4. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I'm sure you are far better with a computer then me and I found them. For your info go to Fisher at the top of page and just look.
    Here are you #'s, 1 of each, 56598,56591 and 56599.

5. UNISCAPE

UNISCAPE Member

Matt,
    Powertech Hydraulics Im Mahwah...next To National Lawn

6. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Chris-
    Ahh good suggestion- I'll have to get up there and see how their prices/hoses are when I go up to get some stuff at National on Wed. Have you used their hoses before- how are they? Are the connectioons on the Fisher plows connections they'd have in stock? (as you can tell I know little about hydraulic hoses)

7. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Have a look at your hoses and how they connect. The end of the hose just might be treaded, some have quick connect fittings.

8. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

I think they're threaded. The thing is, my plow is upstate 300 miles fron NJ, so I can't exactly just take a look to see, hence the reason I started this thread.

9. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I have that exact plow in the shop. If you can wait I will look tomorrow and let you know.

10. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Thanks, not too much of a rush, just want to have spare hoses on hand in case.

11. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

12. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

The plow at the shop has all female threaded ends. You can hold on to the hose and still spin the end so you can thread it on to the male end without having to turn the hose. I do not know the name for that type of end. Hope this helps you.