1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher Homesteader/ Western Suburbanite adjustments

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by markmess2000, Jan 26, 2011.

1. markmess2000

markmess2000 Junior Member

I dont have a service manual... but what I am wondering is... are there adjustments on these plow hydraulics?? other then the plow drop, I am wondering can I adjust the fluid transfer for the left right movement?? The problem I have is when I angle right it is smooth and perfect, but when I angle left... it is choppy and I am wondering if it is in need of some kind of adjustment???:mechanic:

2. matts27

matts27 Senior Member
    from CT

Only adjustment I believe is drop. Left to right are through the solenoid/valve. You change the fluid, maybe air?

3. markmess2000

markmess2000 Junior Member

Well, I did a lil poking around and found a "plug" in the top of the unit that if I turn the screw it adjusts the left and stopped the choppyness. however if you turn it too much it will let the right side piston "collapse" from pushing so it is a delicate adjustment