1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher Homesteader to SD or HT

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by PKS, Feb 17, 2014.

1. PKS

PKS Junior Member
    from Maine

HI,
    I have a 2004 ford f150 supercrew 4x4 5.5 box and it has a fisher homesteader plow on it nowand Im looking to upgrade to either the sd or the ht series. It's just not tall enough and I would like something steel and a trip blade rather than a full trip plow. Do I need to get a different wiring module or can I keep the same wiring module and just change the the plow mounts from the homesteader to the minute mount push plates?

2. jstevens66

jstevens66 Senior Member

Not too sure if the wiring is the same as the HT or SD, but the push plates will have to be changed. I would also go for the SD instead of the HT, SD is a little more heavy duty than the HT.

3. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

I like the way the SD is built compared to the HT in my opinion

4. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

Go for the SD.

5. buddymanzpop

buddymanzpop Senior Member

Three plug at the grill wiring is the same on Homesteaders as it is on all the three plug straight blade heavier duty set ups. Just make sure you don't buy a newer 2 plug multiplex plow or an older SEHP two plug set up. Push plates will have to be changed out as they are completely different.

6. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Go with the SD it's a lot more rugged than the HT.