1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher Homesteader or Sno-Way

Discussion in 'Jeeps' started by dmakoo, Sep 3, 2013.

1. dmakoo

dmakoo Junior Member
    from CT

I'm sure this has been discussed and I have searched but I'd like some new comments if possible.

We bought a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited for various purposes one of which is to plow our 350 foot driveway.

I have been shopping around and each dealer pushes their stock and thus its hard to decide.

Were in CT for an idea as to snow conditions.

I have come down to:

Fisher Homesteader
    Light weight
    Mounts come off EZ for summer time
    Strength seems questionable, want to remain light weight but DON'T want something that won't do the job.

Sno-Way 22
    Weight a bit more (25LBS)
    Wireless really like this no firewall holes

Any comments?
  2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Snoway with the hydraulic down pressure will scrape better and cleaner than the homesteader's "scrape lock" system. The 250lbs per sq inch make it perform like a heavier blade. In addition to the Wireless they also have a much simpler wiring harness and available 4 sight. They are offering a upgrade to down pressure for $99 dollar until 10/31 save you about $160.00. Your dealer may already have calculated that into the price

Last edited: Sep 3, 2013
  3. Hubjeep

Hubjeep Senior Member

I can only comment on the Fisher Homesteader/Western Suburbanite (same plow), as I have had one on my Jeep Cherokee for a few years now plowing a half dozen driveways for neighbors (most a few hundred feet long, one a quarter mile long. Strength has not been an issue.

So far, so good, I got mine used in like new condition. It angles and lifts very quickly, and is easy to take on/off. I have the 6'8", I would prefer the 7'4".

Here is a video:
  4. dmakoo

dmakoo Junior Member
    from CT

Thanks all going with the 7'4"