1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher homesteader on utv??

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by BigBladePusher, Aug 31, 2013.

1. BigBladePusher

BigBladePusher Member

Been looking around at plows for my polaris ranger. I can get a 72" blade that goes up and down for $600 or so new. Then I need a $200 winch to move it. Of course I have to get out and manually angle it.

Obv I love the boss blade for the utv that powers up down left right but its 3500 but thats too much money.

Then I came across the fisher homesteader 6'8 blade. IT weighs about 250 lbs which isnt bad. I would have to attach the mounts with some custom fab work under the machine and I would prob cut down the plow to 72" and reweld the support behind the blace and cut the plastic blade to match and reattach it.

I can get a complete homesteader for around 6-800. Has anyone seen it done? Any ideas If I am going to have to spend 800 anyways I am thinking this will be my best bang for the buck since its all power!