1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher help

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Landscapes8988, Dec 13, 2008.

1. Landscapes8988

Landscapes8988 Senior Member

hit up on joy stick and plow goes left and right?

2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

At the same time????:dizzy:

Sounds like its broke!!!!:nod:

3. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

Broken cable. try wiggling them and see if it clears up. then replace that cable

4. Landscapes8988

Spent 4 hours on it today. replace coil, sleve valve, plugs and i'm about ready to go nuts!! I hook up test light to positive on the battery and it lights up when i touch every prong on the plow side! how could this be???

5. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

Ok you changed a bunch of things. and nothing fixed it. Um stupid question. But did you try to replace the joystick controller. Maybe its the controller. Not saying buy a new one. Just borrow one and see if that its. Just a thought

6. Crash935

MORE INFO, new install, existing, straight or V, relay harness or iso?

Are you flying blind or using a mechanics guide?

7. Landscapes8988

existing,8' straight blade tried my controller on another one and it worked

8. Crash935

Good, got it figured out then.

Dont have to buy a whole controller, the PC board itself is replaceable, cheaper than buying the whole thing.

9. Brian Simmons

Brian Simmons PlowSite.com - Sponsor

Because all of the coils are grounded and the colored wires apply 12V when the controller is activated. You will read ground thru both tabs of the coils. Look at the three prong plug at the front of the truck. sometimes the wires may break right behind the plughead. but usually when the plow angles left or right when then asking it to raise means that the S2 is stuck open. Is this a joystick or fishstik controller. sounds like it might be multiple problems.

10. Crash935

Sorry Landscapes, read your last reply as though you had it fixed.