1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

fisher headlight wiring question

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by nogoodram, Nov 17, 2009.

1. nogoodram

nogoodram Member
    from RI

i'm installing a fisher setup on my 1997 dodge ram 2500. i have a 3 plug system (with isolation module). there are seperate harnesses that go to the drivers and passenger side headlights and turn signals - one is longer than the other. besides the headlight plugs, one harness has a single extra wire for the blinker (purple) and the other harness has 2 extra wires (purple and gray). does it matter which harness goes to which headlight (driver versus passenger)?? thanks!

2. bdavis

bdavis Member

No it shouldn't...its just so the longer one can go to the headlight furthest away from where you mount the module.....

3. nogoodram

nogoodram Member
    from RI

ok thanks. thats what i was hoping to hear. i assume i would wire the purple wire into the power wire for the blinkers, but how about the extra gray wire, what do i do with that?

i'm trying to find the wiring schematic on the fisher website but all i can find are diagrams for 7, 9, or 12-pin harnesses. i think a have an 11 pin wiring connection. does that make sense? on the truck side i have 3 harnesses that hook to the plow - the 2 plug pos/neg, a harness with 3 pins arranged in a triangle shape, and a plug with 11 famale plugs on it. any advise would be appreciated.

4. buddymanzpop

buddymanzpop Senior Member

Tap that wire into the marker light, that's why there is only one, it will power both marker lights on plow. (marker lights are your orange lights up font)

5. jrr02005

jrr02005 Junior Member

Tool?

Since we are on the topic, I took my plow down to the fisher dealer in North Haven today to have them take a look at why my low beams + running lights are not working on the plow. The guy said that the wiring positions might be reversed on the plow harness that clips into the truck harness since my truck is an 02 and it came off of an 06. He said that they sell a tool that can remove the wires from the plug, has anyone heard of one of these, or know where I can get one?

6. nogoodram

nogoodram Member
    from RI

that makes sense. ok. new problem... port 3 and 4 on the iso module wire to the headlights. the low beam doesn't work on the headlight wired to port 3. the high beam works fine. the low beam and high beam both work on the headlight wired to port 4. with a multimeter i find voltage going into port 3 from the trucks headlight plug but not coming out to the headlight. port 4 shows voltage in and out. if i switch the harness from port 3 into port 4 and vise versa the low beam corresponding to port 3 still doesn't work. all harness leads show 0 resistance from one end to the other, so the harnesses seem to be ok... probably a bad module? any other things it could be?

7. nogoodram

nogoodram Member
    from RI

i just realized that port 3 has the wire that i'm supposed to run to the marker lights... during all these tests that wasn't wired to anything. i'm going to run gray wire to power and see if it makes a difference...