1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher Headlight Harness Question.

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by j&hsnowplowing, Jan 21, 2012.

1. j&hsnowplowing

j&hsnowplowing Junior Member

Hello guys,
    So my wiring harness is giving me quite the headache. I bought the one for my plow setup but have no idea why my headlights arent working. Does fisher provide all the relays for my setup? so if its 2 relay they will provide the 2 and if its 4 they give all 4 or do they just give 2 and i provide the rest? This has me scratching my head because i have a western and fisher schematic. Western says my truck is a 4 and Fisher says its a 2 relay system. Any help on that issue would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks folks!

2. j&hsnowplowing

Any ideas? Im still very confused. I tinkered with it today and got only the turn and parking lights working on the Western Schematic which would be the 4 relay setup. But i dont know if i should just go to the 2 relay setup that Fisher says is needed.

3. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Does your harness have two or four sockets?

4. j&hsnowplowing

It technically has 4. 2 for headlights. 1 for each side and 2 that plug into the headlight connector. But I believe that would be a 2 plug connector.

5. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Are they four or five pin relays?

6. j&hsnowplowing

5 pin relays were incuded with the harness. There were 2 of them.,

7. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Do the sockets have four or five wires coming off them? How did you decide which sockets to plug the relays into?

8. j&hsnowplowing

The wiring harness has wires coming out already. There's 3 wires coming out of each headlight socket. The headlights work on the truck end but not the plow end. They don't switch over. I don't understand if im suppose to have 2 relays or 4.

9. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Do you have a part number for the harness?

10. j&hsnowplowing

86014 or something along those lines. I unfortunately don't have the packaging.

11. j&hsnowplowing

Looks like its 26009 for westerns item number. I don't know what the item is for fisher. I just know my fisher deal gave me this harness and said it would work.