1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher HD2 Double Cutting Edge

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by mercer_me, Feb 7, 2016.

1. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

My boss put a 9' HD2 on his pickup this Fall. He plows mostly gravel areas and he has had a lot of issues with the plow digging in. He adjusted it to the least aggressive attack angle and it still didn't help much. I used it the other day and got aggravated with it very quickly, my 8' HD with a cutting edge doesn't dig in nearly as bad. He's thinking about putting a double cutting edge on it and see if that helps at all. Has anybody ran a double cutting edge on their plows?

2. CARDOCTOR

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

why not run shoes on the plow?

3. mercer_me

The HD2 doesn't come with shoes. Shoes will also dig in just a bad. Right now he just picks the plow up a little but, if you want a cleaner scrape you can't do that.

4. GMCHD plower

GMCHD plower PlowSite.com Addict

I'd go with the fact that we haven't had any frost this year... Lol

5. quigleysiding

quigleysiding PlowSite.com Addict

I run double edges on two of the trucks that plow roads . Makes them heavier.
    They dig even deeper . Was digging mud in my drive last storm.

Sucks ground is so soft this year

6. mercer_me

I know it would help a lot if the ground was frozen but, I can plow an area with my HD and it won't dig in and my boss can plow the same area with his HD2 and it digs in bad.

I'll let him know what you said. If we run double cutting edges on the dust pans they don't scrape down to the pavement nearly as well so, we thought maybe a double edge on his HD2 would make it better for not digging into gravel.

7. Surfdunn

Surfdunn Member

Just a thought but how about putting on a rubber cutting edge. It wouldn't scrape as well on certain areas but being that it's about 1" think it might give just enough flotation on gravel drives. The difference between the 8ft and 9ft is only 30 lbs

8. plowking15

plowking15 Member

I have a new HD2 on my town highway truck. They put on two cutting edges,I think one is carbide so it lasts longer. Mine hasn't dug in too bad. Depends on which hole you have the plow a frame hooked in to the truck. You should wear down the cutting edge a little on pavement. A new edge will dug in on dirt. plowking

Last edited: Feb 7, 2016
  9. quigleysiding

quigleysiding PlowSite.com Addict

I know the new plows have a different attack angle so might be different .

10. mercer_me

He has the plow on the top hole so it's the least aggressive atack angle. I'll mention the tuner cutting edge to him.

11. ADMSWELDING

ADMSWELDING Senior Member

As stated double edge more weight gonna dig even harder,IMO.