1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

fisher hd slow left and right

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by candyman13601, Feb 11, 2008.

1. candyman13601

candyman13601 Junior Member

i just started having a problem with my plow it is a 8' hd minute mount 2004 model. with the fishstick it just started moving left and right really slow and the up seems slightly slower than normal. last night i noticed the up was a little jumpy but that has gone away. anyone have any ideas

2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Yeah,

ITS FREAKING COLD,

more than likely fluid is freezing up.

3. candyman13601

candyman13601 Junior Member

fixed the problem

hey crash you are correct it is freaking cold out this week that was part of the problem it turned out there was some water in the fluid and some muck plus a small pinhole that was about to become a big problem in a hose. btw i love your quote that is so true about a 53'

4. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

This cold weather is killing pumps and its all because they are freezing up. I know it doesnt make sense at first but with the warm/cold cycles we have been getting you end up with alot of condensation collecting in the tanks which finally end up turning into a popscile.

As for the 53', i run alot of PA and see those signs alot, its the ones with heights under 13-6 that i really have to watch for, could be a long trip in reverse if i dont catch them.