1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher HD plow on a SD frame?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by jstevens66, Feb 8, 2014.

1. jstevens66

jstevens66 Senior Member

Hey, I got a 2012 Toyota Tundra with a 7'6" Fisher SD plow on it. Just wanted to know if I could do a blade swap on it? Is it possible to put a 7.6 HD blade on a SD frame?

2. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

I'm not sure on that especially it being a Toyota not sure how they handle a lot of weight in the front.

3. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

He's not asking if his truck can hold it(it can, theres Tundras with X-Blades and MVPs on here), its "Will the mounts line up" which I believe yes they will.

4. myzx6

myzx6 Member

Are they both mm1 or mm2 if so you should be fine but if your trying to put a mm2 blade on a mm1 aframe or vice versa, it won't work. I'm 95% sure only difference between hd and sd is the guauge steel used on the moldboard, also hd moldboard is a little taller, if I remember right

5. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

I'm not sure if it would work or not. If it does work, I think the blade would be to tall for the head gear and when the plow is raised it would block the headlights.

6. jstevens66

jstevens66 Senior Member

The Tundra has no problem holding the weight. The blade would be a MM2 HD blade, I think they only have an inch or two difference in the height of the blades, but it might block the head gear a little bit, but you can always throw some spacers under the lights. I was just more so concerned about the A-frame of the SD plow, if it the same A-frame on the HD plows or is it different, less heavy duty?

7. durafish

durafish PlowSite.com Addict
    from 02919

99% sure it's a different a frame

8. jstevens66

jstevens66 Senior Member

Yea, I think it is too, just wanted to see if anyone ever made a blade swap like this before.

9. 2006Sierra1500

Moldboard swap wouldn't work. Full plow swap would.

10. mercer_me

The HD and SD A frames are different. The only way you could do it is change the blade and A frame. You would be a lot better off just buying a whole new 7.5' HD plow.

11. 2006Sierra1500

If your gonna go new, might as well get an 8'.

12. mercer_me

True, if I get a Tundra I think I'm going to put an 8' Fisher on it.

13. jstevens66

jstevens66 Senior Member

I can't get an 8' plow, won't be able to fit in my driveways, I only have a few inches to spare with the 7.6, lol, would love to have a bigger plow, but, for the residential I'm doing, it won't work