1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher HD plow on a SD frame?

Discussion in 'Toyota Trucks' started by jstevens66, Feb 8, 2014.

1. jstevens66

jstevens66 Senior Member

Hey, I got a 2012 Toyota Tundra with a 7'6" fisher SD plow. Just wanted to know if I could throw a HD blade on the SD frame? Has anyone ever done this? Just a blade swap.
  2. jasonv

jasonv PlowSite.com Addict
    from kannada

I suggest that it would be better to ask in the Fisher section, since the question really isn't vehicle specific. Sorry that I can't answer it, since I'm not familiar with Fisher plows.
  3. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

That will work just pull the center pin and two pins from the angle pistons and you will be good
  4. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

If it does work I'm almost positive the taller blade will completely block the head lights when the plow is raised.
  5. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Will not work. Pin is longer for the HD therefor the A frame is different, mounting point on moldboard is different.
  6. buddymanzpop

buddymanzpop Senior Member

Mount the blade and A-frame to the SD headgear, if its a speed cast you will need to weld a piece of angle iron to the back of the A-frame to accommodate the head gear upright spring. When you raise the plow the blade will block the head lights though, to get around that I cut the blade down as it had rot holes on the top anyways and welded the top plate back on, then added a rubber flap to help curl. Did this a few years back. The plow worked great, used it a couple storms then sold to someone that wanted it as it was an extra and made out of yard parts. I just deleted pics I had of it about a month ago. Too bad.