1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher HD or X-Blade

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by evenpar4, Oct 20, 2004.

1. evenpar4

evenpar4 Junior Member

I am torn between the x-blade and HD Fishers. (8 ft) I have a new 2004 Chevy Silverado 2500 hd with plow prep. I really like my Fisher dealer and they have a great rep sales and service. They are a huge dealer and have both plows ready to go. Originally I was all set on an X-blade but after talking to my dealer and telling them how I am going to use it ( mostly residential with a few small lots) they thought I would be better off with a Fisher HD 8 ft ( back-dragging near garage doors, and better wear and tear on property). Any opinions? Also, are timbrens a must? I hear varying opinions. Thanks guys.
  2. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I am not sure about the plows but with a brand new truck I would spend the few bucks on a set of Timbrens. You have thousands already invested.
  3. lakeeffect

lakeeffect Senior Member

put a set of the new curb/wear shoes on the XBlade and it will minimize digging in gravel. Fisher is just shipping these new ones this week. As far a backdragging dont really see a problem with the XBlade, might not be able to get quite as close due to the attack angle but no different than a HD with snowfoil. Look at several posts the past few days on painting and sandblasting Fisher Plows and that should convince you to go stainless :nod:
  4. hoagie

hoagie Member

X-blade back drags much better than the HD... the angle is awesome.

Though true, you can't get quite as close to garages ect, but if you're carefull the difference is only inches.

The X also scrapes hard pack better, throws farther, and just looks so much freekin cooler!!

equip 005.jpg