1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher harness issue - can headlight harness be repinned at module end?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by JFon101231, Feb 28, 2014.

1. JFon101231

JFon101231 Senior Member
    from CT

Doing an install for a buddy who bought a 2001 F350. I sold him one of my plows and he brought me wiring and push plates he bought from somebody on CL ninety minutes away. Well as it turns out unbeknownst to him, the seller (intentionally or not) gave him two port #3 plugs (part # 26349 short headlight harness plugs) instead of a #3 and a #4 (part # 26354 long harness). I noticed because both plugs had a wire for park and turn signal taps.

It would seem possible to make lemonade out of this by just rearranging the wires at the module end and capping the extra parking light tap, right? If so, is there a trick to get the pins out of the module end, or just remove the back cap and pull? I do have a pick and somewhere in the garage have the tool needed to repin the headlight ends of the harness for HB3/HB4.

Otherwise it would seem he'd need to just probably buy a used set of both harnesses somewhere and try to resell the extra short...

2. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

There isn't anything different about the pin locations from one harness to the other. The 26349 just has the parking light circuit (brown wire). If the shorter harness will reach where you've gotta go, plug it in and run it. Just leave the brown wire disconnected on one side.

Be sure to check the orientation of the three wires where the plug in harnesses plug into the vehicle headlamp. If the harnesses were previously used on a Ford (HB5), the orientation will be different than the Dodge (HB1).

See page 10 here:

http://library.westernplows.com/westernplows/pdffiles/28561.04_052407.pdf

3. speedy1wrc

speedy1wrc Senior Member

Strictly from a mechanical point of view, yes you can remove the pins. They are a Weathertite connector and there is a pin extractor for them. You can buy them on EBay or Amazon. Your local electronics/auto parts outlet might have the tool, but I wouldn't bet on it.

4. JFon101231

JFon101231 Senior Member
    from CT

Yeah they were too short to work. I found him a full setup locally and he's gonna try to sell what he has. Thanks guys.