1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher H.T>

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by redsoxfan, May 8, 2009.

1. redsoxfan

redsoxfan Senior Member

has anyone seen this new plow from fisher guess it is made for half tons and does not have a lift chain but instead it is a piston like the homesteader and i guess it has a scrape lock feature like snoway

2. fisher guy

fisher guy PlowSite.com Addict

whoa just checked it out they really updated the line. even updated the poly spreaders and made em huge. I wonder how those HT's will hold up weird to see a fisher without the triangle and a chain

3. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

I cant find pictures anywhere. Not even on Fisher site

4. redsoxfan

redsoxfan Senior Member

Ht

stopped at a dealer today he said that they wont have them for a couple weeks but he did have a broucher only 1 page not to in depth but what i see looks nice they say if still hooks up the same way as a MM2 and it has a 75 degree attack angle with trip edge design

5. Cat Man 77

Cat Man 77 Member

6. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

Yeah it has the attack angle of an Xblade which cut real nice. Wow is that thing lite to 414 pounds. Looks nice But have to see how it will hold up to abuse.

7. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Looks pretty cool. I noticed that they have it on an 08-09 GM 1/2 ton. My Fisher dealer told me the frontends on those are a complete joke. The moldboard looks pretty rugged. Couldn't see a decent pic of the a-frame etc.

8. MassPlow

MassPlow Junior Member

Fisher HT on 2003 Silverado K1500

I bought this plow with hesitance knowing it was brand new to the fisher family. Two days after I purchased the plow, New England got a 25" storm. This plow handled the light fluffy snow very well. I have a 2003 Silverado K1500 crew cab w/ a 8' bed. I used 800 #'s of ballast right at the tailgate.

I ran the plow for 19 hrs straight through the storm and it handled quite well. The hydraulic lock down back scraping feature is great because back scraping works great, (no floating). I am a little leery at the fact that their are no chains in the event of a hydraulic breakdown. Although I suppose if you carry back up hoses and plenty of hydraulic fluid, chaining can altogether be avoided.

I'll keep you updated but I can honestly say that in 4 storms this $4200 plow has paid itself off. If anyone else has this set up on their truck, let me know of any problems, questions, comments or concerns you have with it since first generation technology is and models are always apt to have glitches in my experience.

"Work now for as long as you can, we have all the time to sleep when we're dead."ussmileyflag