1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

FISHER! Got your ears on? Problem here.

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Buswell Forest, Dec 19, 2013.

1. Buswell Forest

Buswell Forest PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

I have a leak, a bad one, but it seems to be coming from pretty much everywhere at once on the reservoir..I found the breather clogged solid. When I unscrew it, there's pressurized air in the reservior...
    Will this cause a leak somewhere? I can not seem to locate the source, for the dammn life of me...uses a quart every 3 hours or so.
    I have the breather sitting on a shelf above the wood stove now..
    FISHER. got your ears on?

2. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

If the breather is clogged it will cause added pressure to the system.

3. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Well your supposta have approx 5psi in the system. Clean it off and operate the plow see where the drips ate coming from

4. unhcp

unhcp PlowSite.com Addict

I would urge you to call fisher support or visit your local dealer

207-701-4200

5. LON

LON Senior Member

The grey duckbill breathers are designed to hold 6psi of pressure against the system to keep water at bay due to low friction cylinders. If you're clogged it's going to put addition pressure in the system and it has to release somewhere.

6. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Did you fix the seal for the reservoir? I would also check the fitting on the side you hit the object, may have damaged the o rings. Remember these only get snugged too tight and they will leak.

7. Buswell Forest

from NH

OK.

Well, the breather was froze up or something, as I could not blow air through it with my mouth, and I have substantial hot air reserves...
    I left it on the shelf above the wood stove, and now I can easily blow air through.

Also, after wiping off the valve blocks, and having the wife use the left-right control while I watched, I found a "plug" that was loose, allowing the fluid to squirt out like the dickens. Had the o-ring dislodged a bit it was so loose.
    That was a 7 second fix with the allen head wrench.

All is well again.

Thanks guys.

8. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

You shouldn't be able to blow through the cap. Might want to get one just for grins

9. Buswell Forest

from NH

It's not wide open, it takes the 5psi someone said they hold.

10. BillyRgn

BillyRgn Senior Member

If you operate the plow and then remove the fill plug or breather there will be pressure, in fact if you take the fill plug off to quick you might end up with fluid all over you, hAve to unscrew slow to let pressure out slow.

11. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

The average people can only blow 2-3psi. Those that are trained or blow things on a regular basis can provide more. The same will also have a higher suction rate.

I would suggest buying a new vent and try, I'm sure your test will the in the same results.