1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher Frames

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by CT18fireman, Oct 10, 2002.

1. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

The other day i saw a Old Style Fisher type headgear and lower frame mounted on a superduty. Is this possible? Or did someone make a custom lower frame?

Also when I was on Cape Cod this summer I noticed what looked like a Fisher lower frame with a upper frame that looked like an old Diamond or Pathfinder frame. Plows were mounted on late 90's Frods and Chevies. The difference was that it had a trangle frame only. it was not solid like a Fisher lift arm. They were running what looked like Meyer pumps. I wonder if these were a custom fabrication or a manufacturer I do not know of. I saw three or four of these on the Cape.

Anyone have any information on these?
  2. snow

snow PlowSite.com Veteran

I just got the september issue of trailer/body builders magazine, and september is the snow removal special issue. There's a photo of a gmc 3500 duramax with what looks like a customer built undercarriage and fisher head gear on it.

The same issue also has an article about hudson river truck equipment (a vendor at the plowsite bbq).

When i used to go to cape cod, i know the town of Wellfleet had some of those plows you're talking about. The frame was perm. mount on the trucks and looked pretty heavy duty. The name is Continental (sp?) Snowplows and they make heavy duty plows. Maybe JD Plower or cat320 can give you more info as they live in mass.

Hope that helps you a little.

3. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

Dyar sales in North Reading ,Ma makes there own plow called the continental it has a perminate mount frame with a diamond/meyer out front hydraulics.
  4. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

Those are them. Can anyone get me more information or pictures? Are these municipal plows? How would they compare to main brands? Are they trip edge? More please guys.

Brain can you scan in a shot of that 3500?
  5. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

They are mostly on town trucks i plowed with one on a 350 .It has a full trip with casters on the blade.I do have an old brochure of it shows it on one of there old international scouts or pick up. very beef plow in my opinion.I found the paper there number is 978-664-5311 they are located right off of RT 93 on 75 Concord StIt comes in 7',8',9',10' with a 28" mold board height.This is an old brochure , never have any new ones when i go there for parts.
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2002