1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

fisher for 72-93 dodge ??

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by randomb0b123, Feb 12, 2012.

1. randomb0b123

randomb0b123 PlowSite.com Addict
    from america

truck in sig, set up for western unimount, old truck, hard to find plows for because the trucks stopped in 93 thats why i went with western easy to get parts cheap simple reliable and not a meyers id duct tape plywood to my bumper before i put a meyers on it. question i have is, id prefer a fisher, i think trip edge is better than full trip but i was so limited on plow selection i just got western o well, did fisher make plows for my truck? if so would that be like trying to find the holy grail because ive never seen one?

2. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

Are you looking for a plow for the 91 in your signature?

3. randomb0b123

from america

yes ideally an 8' fisher

4. chevyzrule810

5. randomb0b123

from america

so they do make it! thanks!

6. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

7. randomb0b123

from america

theyre different for different size plows? is that for the kind of plow that comes off the truck in pieces? how does this work? not very familiar with fishers

8. sweetk30

old speedcasters like truck side frame i linked you in ebay is truck side stay's on all the time only plow comes off. thay have 2 diffrent size truck frames and push beams for the smaller to bigger blades like i listed.

if mm1 or mm2 then truck side brackets all the same can use any mm1 OR mm2 plow setup with all its parts. there is just 2 wire or 3 wire for mm1 or mm2 wiring.

i have not ever my self seem a mm1 or mm2 truck side set of brackets as the dodges wernt as popular around here as ford n gm.

here is truck side 7124 dodge kit your year range . http://library.fisherplows.com/fisherplows/pdf/6449_043099.pdf

9. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

Back in the day of conventional Fishers 70's & 80's, 7.5 & 8' plows fit different mounts. The connecting ears on the A-frames were wider on the 8' plows, and the truck side mounts were wider accordingly. Odd, I suppose. Now everything is the same size.

10. randomb0b123

from america

So they made them for it, now the trouble will be finding one? Ive never seen one so I'm assuming that won't be an easy task

11. sweetk30

also the metal thickness was beffyer on the 8ft up truck side frames.

i had seen a few 7 1/2 ft down truck sides and then my 8ft up truck side i have is much thicker and beffy compared to other.

12. tuna

tuna Senior Member

Check the Craigs adds in the new england area,Fishers are very popular here.

13. randomb0b123

from america

ok thanks ill do that. around me theyre not very common and i dont know why. seems to be mostly boss and western here, then the garbage yellow plows because theyre made 15 minutes away. snowdoggs are becoming popular too

14. chevyzrule810

see if the bone yard has any trucks with setups on them