1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher, Fisher, Fisher, and more Fishers

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by SIPLOWGUY, Apr 19, 2004.

SIPLOWGUY Senior Member

I took a ride up to MA this weekend to buy a "new" used plow for my Jimmy. Once I got into Massachusetts ALL I SAW where Fisher plows and every 4X4 pickup had a Fisher mount! I thought I died and went to heaven! :D
  2. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

Almost EVERYBODY has a fisher around here and TONS of people have plows, theres about ten on my small street. Youre right you see a fisher mount on most 4x4's 1/2 ton and up but mainly 250/350s. Curtis is starting to get a little more popular around here because they are located in worcester, ma. SIPLOWGUY where in MA?

JD PLOWER PlowSite.com Veteran

SI you just stated the good and bad about being in Massachusetts. One, EVERYONE has a fisher. Two, EVERYONE has a plow. :rolleyes:

SIPLOWGUY Senior Member

Bellingham, MA. Very nice!
  5. cja1987

Bellingham... Not that far from me right on I-495 right.

SIPLOWGUY Senior Member

I took I-95 to I-495 to I-140. Round trip: 457 miles. 4 hours going, 6 hours coming home. 2 hours of traffic in CT. I left my house at 0450 hours and pulled in my driveway at 1650 hours. 12 hours on the nose! It was worth it! I love my new Fisher! Too bad the season is over. :(
  7. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

i think mass and maine are fisher country
  8. cja1987

Fishers are great plows. I got a curtis because i liked their low profile mount better then fishers and i liked the plow alot when i used my friends.
  9. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

About the only people who have Fishers around here are the city boys. Mostly Boss and Western here.:waving:
  10. skybolt811

skybolt811 Junior Member

Well considering that Fishers are made in Rockland Maine, it isn't far from the MFG.
  11. Tony Bonventre

Tony Bonventre Sponsor

Lots of fishers in this area, but sems to be an influx of westerns this year.
  12. skybolt811

skybolt811 Junior Member

I like a good Western especially with a side of fresh bacon.
  13. ratplow408

ratplow408 Member
    from PA

Had my Curtis 4 years had 0 problems. Replaced 1 cutting edge. Do large commercial lots. The guy I sub off of says "next time do yourself a favor and buy a fisher."I really like my curtis.
  14. skybolt811

skybolt811 Junior Member

tell him if he really wants you to have a fisher, he has to buy you one! Otherwise, find customers who like Fishers.

Remember, when you buy a drill, you don't want the drill, you want the hole.
  15. MsQueen

MsQueen Member

I don't think that Curtis dealer is in Bellingham, MA any longer. I went by there before I bought my Fisher and they said they don't deal with any plow companies.
  16. grassmanvt

grassmanvt Senior Member
    from Vermont

I am in central Vt. So many fishers around here that I didn't realize they still made those other brands, ha,ha. I'm sure it has a lot to do with our close proximaty to rockland,maine.