1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher fish stick problem

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by harrfd24, Nov 14, 2012.

1. harrfd24

harrfd24 Junior Member
    from 02830

This problem may not be new, but it just happened to me toward the end of last season. I haven't opened up my plow yet to check if the problem still exists but I assume it does. The problem is: my fish stick controller would shut off on me while I was plowing, usually when I pushed either the up or down buttons. I've heard of the circuit boards on fish stick controllers going bad. Before I shell out a few hundred $$$ for a new board, how can I be sure that it is the board that is bad? Thank you in advance.

Nate

2. planecrazy

planecrazy Junior Member
    from Maine

Try another control from someone elses truck! It worked for me. Mine was tested and I was told it was OK but my problem went away when I found someone else with an EZ-V like mine with a 10 pin control. we tried his and it worked fine. Now I need to find a reasonable price, maybe I will replace the board and not the whole control. Good luck to ya. Planecrazy.

3. unhcp

unhcp PlowSite.com Addict

I have some cheap controllers if needed

4. snowplowpro

snowplowpro Senior Member
    from NJ

How many you have I need two

5. unhcp

unhcp PlowSite.com Addict

Not many fish stiks but plenty of joysticks

6. snowplowpro

snowplowpro Senior Member