1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

fisher ezv wire question

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by chris694205, Jan 23, 2010.

1. chris694205

chris694205 Senior Member

hey guys... im just finishin up wiring in my plow.. on the truck side power wire there is a red, black and small orange and black wire.. red goes to selenoid, black to ground but where does the little wire go?? it has a weird end on it?

it is a mm1 with 2 plugs (before the iso module)

2. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

I almost think you have a battery cable for an ISO setup. Is the connector kind of like a pencil style connector; looks something like this...

3752_pd152214_th1.jpg

Maybe this will help. Here is a side by side comparison of where the wires are supposed to go.

1212.jpg

3752_pd152214_th1.jpg

1212.jpg

3. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Black orange with ring terminal goes to ground at battery

4. chris694205

yea it looks alot like the pic you sent... should i just ground it like the pic says

5. RepoMan207

from Maine

.....Ground to motor relay you mean? Just chop off that current connector, then splice in additional line if you need it to close the distance to the motor relay using a butt connector and appropriate wire.

Now connect a ring terminal on the other end of that to attach it to the motor relay. It should be connected on a small terminal with the black/orange wire that comes off the control harness.

battery.jpg

battery.jpg

6. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

sounds like you have a battery cable from a iso system. Does the wire come from the ring terminal / ground side at the battery?

7. chris694205

well this is gettin on my nerves... there is a brown and red wire goin to the selenoid and there is a green and black which i dont see in any of these pics.. there is also 2 red wires connected with a male connector onthe end by the selenoid but i dont see where they go..i can get it so that when i pushthe controller the pump will squeel but wont move any part of the plow

8. RepoMan207

from Maine

Can you post a picture of the wiring? Where did you get these harnesses, were they used or new, and you do have the 9 pin control harness correct?

Keep in mind you can kind of wing it and forget about colors and focus on location. These 2 red wires that you speak of are kind of throwing me off.

Crash has more experience in the old relay systems then I do, but this section of it is pretty straight forward.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2010
  9. RepoMan207

from Maine

Your motor may run, but until you have correct current to your control side of it.....it won't function.

10. chris694205

it is a used wiring harness that came with the plow except for the power wire that connects to the ground of the battery and the selenoid and sticks out of the grille (that didnt come with the plow so i just bought it)... im just trying to make it function and im not worried about the headlights at the moment... it is a 12 pin.. as you can see in the picture, the battery ground has the orange/black wire and the main large wire attached..im confused as to where that black and orange wire with the end you pictured above goes and the red wires

phone 029.jpg

11. RepoMan207

from Maine

the picture is kind of fuzzy, are you holding two or three wires in your hand? ...red / red / black - orange?

Is it possible that the one you call green / black is in fact green / brown

12. chris694205

sorry for such a crappy pic... there are 2 red wires in my hand and your correct about it being green and brown..

13. chris694205

there is a black and orange grounded at the neg of battery.. and there is a black and orange coming off of the neg cable with the wierd pencil type end and im not sure where that goes

14. RepoMan207

from Maine

This looks like a 12 pin V blade harness and not a straight blade. I think the two reds are supposed to connect to the battery grill harness, and where you don't have the right harness.... I'm willing to bet they weren't even used before.

Separate the two wires that you already have hooked up to the solenoid in the picture. Atach one on each small stud. Connect the black/orange directly to the ground side of the battery and see if the plow FULLY functions. If not, I would say those two red wires need to be hooked to power. If all is well, then leave the two red wires untouched.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2010
  15. RepoMan207

from Maine

You can actually just connect the two black orange wires via a butt connector where it is already coming from the ground battery terminal.

16. chris694205

yea that makes sense... i just dont get why it wont work now that all these wires are correct

17. chris694205

yea it is a V plow i am tryin to hook up

18. RepoMan207

from Maine

oh....well there you go. On your PLOW side battery harness, is there 3 pins or 2?

conn2.jpg

conn2.jpg

19. chris694205

there are 3 pins

20. RepoMan207

from Maine

If the one you just bought only has 2 then it won't work.