1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher EZV Pump Weak

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Richard Rogers, Jan 19, 2010.

1. Richard Rogers

Richard Rogers Junior Member

I bought this a few weeks ago and had Langs Corner install the wiring harness. Adjust the A-frame to the truck and make sure that it was working right. Everything is working kind of slow, vee, angle, scoop, I can't pick it up when its in the scoop position. I have changed the filter and fluid. I did use the Fisher fluid. Any ideas before I break down and buy a pump. Thanks in advance.
  2. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

First of all if by "pump" you mean the whole unit then don't act so fast.

Are the power connections good and is the motor working to top speed? A worn motor will often be called a bad "pump" The motor is an easy swap.

The actual pumps in these units are gear pumps that take a long time to wear out. Drain the fluid, drop the resevoir and unbolt the pump from the valve block. Then take the pump apart by unbolting it. Sometimes a film develops in them that slows them down. A worn out pump will br noticable. While its apart check the filter again make sure it installed low to pickup fluild and check the retun lines. I also remove the solenoids and cartrige valves and clean out the valve block. Put it all back together and fill with fresh fluid and see what happens.
  3. Richard Rogers

Richard Rogers Junior Member

Thanks, I also found out later today as I was scraping off a parking lot that when I had the plow at a angle and tried to switch to a straight blade the only side that would move was the side to which I wanted to angle?????? Sounds funky