1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

fisher ez-z has mind of its own.

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by 518Landscapes, Feb 26, 2014.

1. 518Landscapes

518Landscapes Member

I have an older fisher ez-v that has been great until recently. While I'm plowing the plow will raise automatically (with out touching controller) in mid push with a full blade:angry:. it dose this when it wants to. My question, is it the controller or something on the plow itself etc..... I don't want to throw parts at it. all the wires etc visibly look OK. Any one else ever experience this. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thumbs Up
  2. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

We used to have an older EV and this thing also had a mind of its own. Ours, when in V position, the right side wing would start straightening itself out. We had a garage look at it and he rebuilt the valve body and it was good to go.
  3. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Either the controller or a shorted wire
  4. upplowin

upplowin Member
    from UP/MI

you can do a bench test on your controller. Go to fisher website and it should tell you how. This was the problem with my western, and went to their website and downloaded their mechanics guide. im sure fisher has one to they are very close to westerns as far as wiring goes. This will eliminate your controller anyway.
  5. 518Landscapes

518Landscapes Member

I'm on my way to the shop now, I will start trouble shooting more. THANKS:salute: