1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher EZ-V Wiring Help

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Polarisrider, Nov 6, 2012.

1. Polarisrider

Polarisrider Member

Hey guys I sold my gmc and I retained all of the wiring harnesses off of it from my 04 mm2 ez-v, this is a 4 port isolation module, 3 plug system.

I bought a 1998 Dodge Ram 2500, and want to convert the plow to this truck, so after talking to the dealer, he told me my gm stuff is a reverse ground system and none of my wiring would work. He also said I would need a white label isolation module, (mine is a green label)

So is there anything from my GM systems I can reuse on the dodge or do I have to buy all 3 harnesses and a isolation module?

I thought I could get away with running everything and buying a headlight harness?

Also dealer said drilling is required on the frame for the mounts, and I need to drop the sway bar, anyone done this before?

Any help/input is appreciated, Thanks,

2. unhcp

unhcp PlowSite.com Addict

You will need a 4 port white isolation module and the headlight harness the rest can be reused.

3. unhcp

unhcp PlowSite.com Addict

4. mksent02

mksent02 Member

Not hard at all, You need longer sway bar bolts- get them at hiawatha fasteners they also sell drill bits for the frame.you have to fish the bolts through on pas side.Driver's side uses steering gear bolts. unhcp is correct for wiring.

5. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

but it's the same money (or maybe less now) to get 3port module and harness.

6. Polarisrider

Polarisrider Member

thanks, turns out my brother had the isolation module and harnesses, as far as the fasteners does fisher sell a complete hardware kit or would I have to go through the instructions and buy all induvidual hardware?

7. mksent02

mksent02 Member

I've never bought a kit. they make these "wires" for installing hitches that work better than the fisher hardware- its basically mechanics wire with one end curled into threads. you can also wrap the bolts with wire and pull em through. I'm pretty sure I used 1/2 bolts for the pas side frame can't remember sway bar bolt size- they are metric though. soak the old ones in pb blaster or fluid film, they like to break. take one out and get it about 3/4 inch longer. your mount # is 7157 if you don't have it already. you can get the hardware at napa lowes etc but hiawatha or rumetco are much cheaper.