1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

fisher ez-v question

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by powerjoke, Nov 14, 2007.

1. powerjoke

powerjoke PlowSite.com Addict

i recieved a letter from a buisness here in town that is selling a fisher ez-v (sealed bid's) and i was wanting to know if there is anything i should know sbout them before i go look at it other than the obvious? the reason i ask is i have several other plows but not a fisher or not a power-v

What is it worth?
    is there any major plagues?
    is it even worth haveing?

i have western,blizzard,meyer,viking,northman but no fisher

2. ppease

ppease Member
    from Maine

It depends somewhat on the type of plowing you do, but overall that is a great plow. The trip edge is the only way to go, I think your Westerns are about the same. Make sure the cutting edge is not worn to the point of weakening the trip edge assembly. The ability to scoop is a HUGE timesaver, and the V function is great if you need to bust through a heavy combing or if you are doing camproads. The V won't push your truck off the road. And it still works like a conventional straight blade for parking lots and such. Apparently there were some issues with the FishStik for certain years (I don't know which, I have seen comments on a thread here), but you can buy a new one, which has much better functionality than the old. I'm having a new XtreemV installed tomorrow, I paid about $5000. Fisher is probably 90% of the market here, but of course they are made here. Good luck.

Palmer

3. OSCLandscaping

OSCLandscaping Member

I picked up a used 1 season, great condition V, 2001 model year for $700.00. It didn't have any of the truck side parts. Bought it for a back up.

4. powerjoke

powerjoke PlowSite.com Addict

Thanks for the reply's i turned in a sealed bid (i'll tell you how much when bid's close) and it incl. 100% setup but the mount carton was for a superduty

the thing looked GREAT so someone will prob. give more than me since i have no use for it and all my trucks are ready to go this year

5. dmax08

dmax08 Senior Member

Good luck on the bid. If you do get it you wont be disappointed that all i have had until the extreme came out. the only upgrade i would do is get the new style controller you will like it much better. If you havent already used one on the westerns.