1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher EZ V pump motor keeps sticking on

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Ziob34, Jan 27, 2016.

1. Ziob34

Ziob34 Senior Member

new to v plows, have a fisher ez v with the fishstik controller. Has been working good but will randomly reset to the full v position in the middle of using it. Pump motor won't shut off stays running. I can still use the controller up down etc but as soon as i let go it goes back to the v position and pump still on. Have to get out of the truck and unplug the power and then hit down on the controller to drop the plow to get it to stop.

Am i looking at a bad or sticky fishstik controller here i found if tap a control on the button sometimes it will stop and then work fine.
  2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Either the controller or the solenoid.
    Need to see if the solenoid is getting signal at the small terminal when it stays on.
    However, might just be cheep insurance to just replace the solenoid anyway
  3. Ziob34

Ziob34 Senior Member

yes i'll probably replace that as well. Plow itself seems fine doesn't get stuck or anything its just the plow motor randomly getting stuck on and going to full v almost like the vee button on the controller is stuck.