1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher EZ-V problems

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by landandtree05, Mar 18, 2013.

1. landandtree05

landandtree05 Junior Member

I have a 4 port three plug EZ-V 8.5 foot v plow. I am having a problem with the operational control. When in scoop/vee mode the plow will scoop fine, but when you vee the plow only the right side retracts. The straight blade mode does not work at all and it sounds as if the pump is seizing up. And when each wing is operating independently the left side will only move into the scoop position and will not retract, but the right wing works fine. Any suggestions? I have tested the coils and they seem to be working fine, taken apart the valves and cleaned them out and they are not bent, and I messed around with the relief valves and cleanup them. I think this might be an electrical issue?

2. mrv8outboard

mrv8outboard Senior Member

It sounds like you have an angle cylinder going bad and there are metal filings in the valves.

3. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

are you sure your getting pwr to the coils when the function is being applied??

4. landandtree05

Tested all the coils independently and they worked, also showed correct impedence on ohm meter. Plow randomly started working with full function during yesterday's storm. Probably something lodged in the valve body. This problem has continued for the entire winter.

5. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

I read that you tested them.....not what I am sayin.
    While you are angling plow or any other function,,,test light the coils to make sure your getting signal pwr and your gnd.

6. landandtree05

Will have to do when I get back from Florida!

7. BigLou80

BigLou80 Senior Member

IDK if you have a fish stick but that's what caused all of my issues, with some buttons not working at all and other functions not acting quite right. It was a $150/ 10min fix