1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

fisher ez v plow angling question

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Ziob34, Nov 16, 2015.

1. Ziob34

Ziob34 Senior Member

have an older mmI ez v plow 3 plug uses the fishstik controller. Never had a v plow noticed if its in full v or scoop and i want to go back to straight blade left or right it won't (when i hit left or right) i'll have to pump it out of full v or full scoop a little and then it will work. Is this normal for the older v plows or is something getting hung up in the valves.

2. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

If you're in full vee or full scoop the angle rams are fully extended/retracted and have no room to move. If you are trying to carry snow around a corner try putting the plow about halfway into scoop and then you'll be able to angle a little better

3. FredG

FredG 2000 Club Member

You should be able to position your v blade to act like a conventional straight blade. If you want to windrow to your right you have to put your right side of v blade to bumper and your left side out like you were going to scoop.

It will not swing left to right like a conventional straight blade. Play with it if that don't work you have a problem. I know my old boss hesitates a little. Sometime one side will not move at all until I bump the other side.

I bought this truck and plow used been doing it since day one. I don't know if this is normal but it works for me.

4. Ziob34

Ziob34 Senior Member

sounds like the newer ones have a memory feature where you can save the straight blade setting and it will go back to that i guess the older v's you have to move both sides manually a little to get it close to straight and go from there.