1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher EZ V not working

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Misterplow717, Nov 28, 2011.

1. Misterplow717

Misterplow717 Junior Member
    from Canada

My fisher ez v is just making a clicking sound whenever I press any of the buttons on the remote but before that it was working fine a few months ago when i tried it out. I hooked it back up last month and it was working but then it started to move slow in all directions and whenever i pressed a button on the fish stik it would totally do something else and it only raised in the V position, I hooked it up last week and only makes a clicking sound and does not do anything..any ideas gents?..thanks

2. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

Sounds like a motor relay to me

3. If it is a year 2000 vintage EZ Vee and its a 2 plug system, he's got the old style relay set up not using an iso mod. They are a nightmare to troubleshoot.

Misterplow, get a 12 volt test light and start checking for power at the solenoid. If the clicking you hear is at the solenoid, make sure there is power going to the plow pump motor when you activate the controller. If it worked a couple of months ago, I'd be checking for a bad ground or other electrical connection issue.

4. Misterplow717

from Canada

No clue how old the plow is but its a 3plug system with the 4port module

5. Sorry about that. There is a very similar thread going with the same issue and I answered the wrong one...duh.

The first thing to do is check your battery power and ground feed/cables. Is there 12V at the solenoid? Is it the solenoid that is clicking? When it clicks is there output to the motor? CHECK THE GROUND CABLE. Do the plow lights work? Check all the connections, especially the control harness at the grill. Try this and we'll go from there.

6. Misterplow717

from Canada

The clicking comes from the motor, i put a test light to the solenoid and the motor and it lights up so im guessing its a bad motor. I changed the control harness on the truck and plow side and still nothing and yes the plow lights work and the fish stik lights up aswell.

7. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Sounds like a bad motor, my MM1 straight blade did the same thing. Started slowing and drawing more and more power. Once I got the old motor off and looked at the inside it was all rusted to crap.

8. samjr

samjr Senior Member

my 1 does it too

Just clicks :confused: But it comes back to life my clicking is out @ the Valves.If i click on the Controller abit she comes back to life :confused: I got a new solenoid right from fisher and it happen once afer that can it be the motor

O and the motor thats on there is not a fisher it a Bosch.Are they any good ?:help:

IMG_0015.jpg

9. Double check the ground from the motor back to the truck to be sure......

10. Misterplow717

from Canada

I put booster cables straight to the motor and she doesnt even run so i think it all leads to a bad motor, i ordered one earlier and we'll take it from there

11. plowguy43

Looks like there's been problems with that motor before - looks like someone's beat it with a hammer a few times to get it unstuck. Just an observation. Bosch makes good electronic parts for vehicles so I wouldn't worry about the name part of it.

Great, post up your results. Personally I always liked the Fisher brand parts, they seemed to last longer and work better than the aftermarket brands.

12. samjr

samjr Senior Member

I did that lol the funny thing i don't know if it worked lol.Had my kid hitting bottoms in the truck.Like i said it just comes back to life lol

13. plowguy43

hahaha got ya. Not 100% of the time, but most of the time if your giving the motor power and nothing happens, then you hit it with a hammer and it comes to life, the motor is bad.

They are basically just starter motors with different caps on them anyways.

14. samjr

samjr Senior Member

ya i got 1

I got 1 aweek ago i had too on sail 140 +tax is there alot to putting it on ?

15. samjr

samjr Senior Member

& i was holding out becouse if it still dose it them i going into wireing

Becouse if it still dose it then i going into wireing I put the plow side wireing on last year

16. plowguy43

Two bolts at the top, remove the positive and negative cables and it comes right out. Might need a few taps to loosen the base but that's it. Very simple.