1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher EZ-V Mid use power loss

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by jwattsie, Nov 12, 2013.

1. jwattsie

jwattsie Junior Member

I have a 2000 7.3l f250 and a fisher ez-v plow. I had the plow operating smoothly and took the truck for a drive. I came back and parked the truck and lowered the plow. I was on a slight hill so when i lowered the plow I did only manage to get it 3/4 of the way down. When i put it down it seemed for a second it started to pick up the front end of the truck so I stopped quickly and try to put it back up and i had no dice. I use a joystick module not the factory remote but I do have it with me. The power switch on the joystick was still getting power for the first couple minutes i was trying to raise it back up but shortly after that flickered then did not come back on. I have changed the 15 and 7.5 fuses even though they looked fine. I am out of ideas that would make it just stop mid use and stop power to the joystick. The lights on the plow work fine just no power to the joystick and no movement of the hydraulics. I haven't taken a amp/volt meter to the female end of the plug for the joystick to see if power is running through it yet since I ran out of time. Any help would be great. Thank you.

2. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

At the controll harness were they connect in the cab,follow it back and find the red wire coming out of the harness and follow that to the 12v switched power source they tapped(probably in your fuse box)make sure it's stii hooked up or not pinched somewere

3. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Check your grounds.

4. jwattsie

jwattsie Junior Member

Followed red wire. Looked spliced into the ignition behind steering wheel. I opened up electrical tape and made a better connection. Still no power to joystick. I can look for grounds. Is that in the relay? Don't know where else it would be grounded. Where should I look.

5. leigh

from CT

Just have to follow wires and check all connections whether grounds or hot leads.Not a bad idea to take each connection apart and clean them and apply some dielectric grease. Take a test light and check for power everywhere. I hate electrical problems:cry:

6. leigh

from CT

When you made "better connection" did you test to see if you had power at the connection? Can you borrow a controler and rule that out ?

7. jwattsie

jwattsie Junior Member

I tested the 12 accessory wire that I'm spliced into to a ground and I got plenty of juice at that connect. I have no clue where it's grounded. I followed through the firewall with the rest of the wires to see if ground comes out of the braid somewhere. It looks like it runs all the way to the isolation module. Should it be grounded in the cab somewhere or under the hood?

8. jwattsie

jwattsie Junior Member

Just replaced the relay with a new one and rewired that and still no dice. Still no power to the joystick. Think i am going to give up and take it to a fisher repair shop. Thanks to those that posted help.

9. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Are you trying all this with the plow still hooked up? Do you have any pwr or lights on the controller?