1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

fisher ez v lights flashing

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Shunamon, Dec 11, 2015.

1. Shunamon

Shunamon Junior Member
    from 01876

I was trying to trouble shoot why my plow would not lift the blade all the way up on one cycle had to press again to raise?
    But when I unplugged the control module and then plugged it back in all the lights began flashing and will not stop.
    Any ideas?

2. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Sounds to me like bad wiring.....two semi separate systems (lights & control). Well, wait a minute, When you say "I unplugged the control module" , You're referring to the ISO module under the hood right, not a connection at the grill? Did you do this while the truck was running, or the ignition was in the on position??

Might be time for an overhaul on the hydraulics. The raising issue could be attributed to a lack of power, burnt up or corroded motor. Clogged pump screen, dirty & sticking valves.

3. Shunamon

Shunamon Junior Member
    from 01876

I took it to Hal at NE Custom Exhaust and Plow. I did mean the ISO under the hood. We took the ISO apart again and plugged it all back together and it seemed to work. As for the lift issue he said my chain was set way to long and was the lift issue. He also said I have a bad bushing on the motor which he is replacing.
    Thanks for replying.

4. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

The chain wouldn't have anything to do with what you've described. Bushing is possible. Best of luck, check back if it persists.

5. Shunamon

Shunamon Junior Member
    from 01876

What should the voltage on my truck be dropping to while operating my plow? I am dropping to around 12.5 volts