1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher EZ-V Frozen Hydro

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by BigCountryBCE, Dec 17, 2013.

1. BigCountryBCE

BigCountryBCE Junior Member

I have been having a problem with frozen hydro fluid. Yesterday I changed the fluid. This morning the plow was frozen again. How do you get all the water out of the system? Thanks

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Did you drain the fluid out of the angle rams?

3. BigCountryBCE

I put the plow in "V" position and pushed the lift ram all the way down.

4. dieselss

That's not getting all the fluid out of the rams

5. BigCountryBCE

How do you get all the fluid out?

6. dieselss

Remove the hoses from the pump that goto the rams. Lift plow with jack. Place hoses in a suitable container above the bottom. Pull the wings out all the way and then push all the way in. A few times with both wings. Then you can take the lift ram hose off and pull up and push dwn and you'll get a little bit out of it too. That should get most of the fluid out

7. BigCountryBCE

Seems easy enough, thanks for the help

8. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

have a big pan, and cover the fittings with a Rag

9. Mike NY

Mike NY Senior Member
    from zone 5

A Tea spoon of isopropyl alcohol will help. Best bet is to use low temp hydraulic fluid, like fisher fluid.

10. ppkgmsy

ppkgmsy Member
    from Vermont

I use the low temp fluid but have wondered about adding a bit of dry gas. Do you add it when temps get brutally low?

11. 06Sierra

06Sierra PlowSite.com Addict
    from Maine

I use seafoam trans tune, a couple ounces when I change the fluid. The first storm last weekend was the first time I had any issues with moisture. My fault for not getting the fluid changed before the first use. Dumped a few ounces of transtune in, worked up and down a couple times and it worked fine to finish out plowing.